Samba and FAM

Thomas T. Veldhouse veldy at veldy.net
Wed Sep 13 09:42:12 PDT 2006

Scot Hetzel wrote:
> Had a look at the samba configure script, and it doesn't have an
> option to disable fam/gamin support.
>
> So your only option is to uninstall all ports that require fam/gamin.
> Install samba w/FAM_SUPPORT off, then reinstall the ports that were
> removed.

The catch 22 is that Courier-Imap attempts to use FAM even when it is
not configured to do so.  So, I have to have FAM installed.  I could get
it all working by deinstalling and reinstalling in the right order ...
until portmanager comes along and upgrades samba sometime in the future.

So, I suppose I will have to find a way to configure gam with samba.

Tom Veldhouse