Cannot find C# compiler

Simon Phoenix phoenix.lists at gmail.com
Mon Sep 11 13:11:59 PDT 2006

On Monday 11 September 2006 16:51, Vittorio wrote:
> I'm trying to make my first port, "incollector" using the linux
> incollector.tar.gz file.
> Now after having carefully read the INSTALL
> file I tried to configure the package (I use tcsh) as suggested in the
> instructions with
>
> sh ./configure CC=/usr/bin/gcc --
> prefix=/tmp/incollector --exec-prefix=/tmp/incollector
>
> but
>
> checking
> build system type... i686-pc-linux-gnulibc1
> checking host system
> type... i686-pc-linux-gnulibc1
> checking target system type... i686-pc-
> linux-gnulibc1
> checking for a BSD-compatible install...
> /usr/bin/install -c
> checking for gawk... no
> checking for mawk... no
> checking for nawk...
> nawk
> checking whether to
> enable maintainer-specific portions of Makefiles... no
> checking for a
> BSD-compatible install... /usr/bin/install -c
> checking for pkg-
> config... /usr/local/bin/pkg-config
> checking for csc... no
> checking for
> mcs... no
> checking for mono... no
> configure: error: No C# compiler
> found
>
> I tried also with /usr/bin/g++ to no avail.
>
> What's wrong with
> it? What shall I do?
>
> Vittorio

GCC - the GNU Compiler Collection includes C, C++, Java and Fortran. No C#
compiller.
For C# compiler install mono project -
/usr/ports/lang/mono/pkg-descr reads:

An open source implementation of .NET Development Framework.

This is a development release leading to the next production milestone.

WWW: http://www.mono-project.com/

Good Luck!

--
Best regards,