portmaster deletes failed ports

Doug Barton dougb at FreeBSD.org
Sat Sep 9 06:09:39 UTC 2006

Duane Whitty wrote:

>> For instance, where is the best place to put a temporary backup package?
>>
>> /var/tmp, /tmp, /usr/ports/packages/All?
>>

> IMHO, this should be configurable.  Just my $0.02

It is configurable using the PKGREPOSITORY make variable from bsd.port.mk. I
do not think that having the temporary packages saved to a different
location than what would be built with -b is a good idea, both because of
the code complexity it would introduce, and also because if someone has
taken the time to set that variable, they would reasonably expect that their
packages should end up there. In the absence of that, $HOME is a reasonable
default, which is what I use currently.

hth,

Doug