FreeBSD Port: teamspeak_server-2.0.20.1_1

Doug Barton dougb at FreeBSD.org
Wed Sep 6 17:04:37 UTC 2006

Albert Poon wrote:
> On Wed, 6 Sep 2006 09:17:57 -0500, Brooks Davis wrote
>>> Or any other daemon's name that load after linux support, e.g.
>>>
>>> # REQUIRE: ntpd
>> This would be 100% wrong.
>
> Oh really? But I tried ntpd and pptpd, and it worked, TS started right after
> them respectively. Well I know its not appropriate though.

Just because things work in an isolated case, doesn't mean it's the right
way to do things. :) The rc.d system has a lot of assumptions built in,
and apps that don't play nice according to those assumptions can cause
problems for themselves, or worse, problems for otherwise well-behaving apps.

Please test the suggestion Brooks gave you of "REQUIRE: DAEMON" and let us
know if it works. If it does, I'll commit the fix.

Thanks,

Doug