portmaster deletes failed ports

Doug Barton dougb at FreeBSD.org
Tue Sep 5 21:47:08 UTC 2006

B Briggs wrote:

> The problem is that if unattended, you will not know if the port was
> deleted especially if you have a lot of output.

I should have added in my previous reply that your statement above is not
accurate. If the install fails, that invocation of portmaster will fail,
which will cause all/any parent portmaster processes above it to fail as
well. Thus, in the event that a port fails to install, the user will be
notified of it immediately, and no further actions will be taken.

hth,

Doug