FreeBSD Port: libssh2-0.14

Lars Mainka me at lmnk.de
Tue Sep 5 17:24:24 UTC 2006

Hi lx,

there seems to be a small bug in the FreeBSD port of libssh2.

The make will return the following errors after calling it:

devil1:/usr/ports/security/libssh2 # make
===>  Building for libssh2-0.14
cc -o channel.o channel.c -c -O -pipe  /usr/local/include -I/usr/include -Wall -I../include/ -fPIC
cc: /usr/local/include: linker input file unused because linking not done
channel.c:1253:10: /usr/local/include: No such file or directory
*** Error code 1

Stop in /usr/ports/security/libssh2/work/libssh2-0.14/src.
*** Error code 1

Stop in /usr/ports/security/libssh2/work/libssh2-0.14.
*** Error code 1

The problem is, there is a -I missing in front of the include path of /usr/local/include. Adding it
by hand will work, so it seems, there is something wrong with the automake process.

Machine and OS
FreeBSD 5.5
i386

Hope this message could help a little bit,

Thx
Lars

--
When God needs a new secure certificate, he uses Bruce Schneier as the signing authority.