FreeBSD Port: teamspeak_server-2.0.20.1_1

Albert Poon albert at bigtearice.net
Tue Sep 5 07:00:59 UTC 2006

Hi,

A bug in start-up script /usr/local/etc/rc.d/teamspeak-server is discovered,
causing teamspeak-server to load earlier than linux support. It happens on my
FreeBSD 6.1 box but not in my FreeBSD 5.5 box.

Problem code:

(line 6)
# REQUIRE: NETWORKING

I think since FreeBSD 6 it will inpsect the start-up scripts and arrange them
to be loaded accordingly. Since NETWORKING is loaded earlier than linux
support, teamspeak-server will fail to start.

Workaround:

Either change the problem code to

# REQUIRE: DAEMON

Or any other daemon's name that load after linux support, e.g.

# REQUIRE: ntpd

Or remove the line completely.

I wonder if there is something like # REQUIRE: LINUX (obviously it doesn't
work), but I too lazy to spend more time in digging the code.

Best Regards,
Albert Poon