portmaster deletes failed ports

Rene Ladan r.c.ladan at gmail.com
Mon Sep 4 15:16:47 UTC 2006

Hi,

I ran my approx. daily portmaster -a -d run this morning.  It started
upgrading sysutils/bsdstats, but failed because pkg-install was not
present.  When that file got committed later this morning, portmaster
didn't upgrade the port because ... (huh ?) ... bsdstats was not
installed anymore.

Just reinstalling bsdstats solved it, but this can be problematic if
some heavily dependent-on port fails and gets erased.

Regards,
Rene
--
GPG fingerprint = E738 5471 D185 7013 0EE0  4FC8 3C1D 6F83 12E1 84F6
(subkeys.pgp.net)

"It won't fit on the line."
		-- me, 2001