devel/sdl12 update and version bump

Marcus von Appen mva at sysfault.org
Fri Sep 1 08:26:07 UTC 2006

On, Thu Aug 31, 2006, Stanislav Sedov wrote:

> On Thu, 31 Aug 2006 23:10:15 +0200
> Marcus von Appen <mva at sysfault.org> mentioned:
> >
> > No, it won't, if I see that right.
> >
> >     DIRFB   "Include support for DirectFB" Off \
> >
> > and
> >     .if defined(WITH_DIRECTFB)
> >     LIB_DEPENDS+=  directfb-0.9.16:${PORTSDIR}/devel/directfb
> >
> > will not do the wanted stuff. Basically the patch set of ports/99943 (you
> > used it partially for devel/sdl12) is broken in several ways.

I just looked into devel/directfb and noticed, that it has a reference
to sdl through USE_SDL = yes. Won't this lead to circular references
breaking the build for both under various circumstances?

Either directfb needs to be updated to be built without SDL support
(which in turn needs testing its dependant ports) or we drop directfb
support in the updated devel/sdl12 for now.

(directfb maintainer CC'ed for feedback)

Regards
Marcus