xmms-musepack and libmpcdec

Trigve Siver trigves at yahoo.com
Tue Oct 31 14:46:05 UTC 2006

Hi,

I have described my problem in this thread http://www.freebsdforums.org/forums/showthread.php?t=45034 ... My problem is that when I use xmms-musepack plugin (which doesn't use libmpcdec library) from ports and play with it some MPC song, my CPU usage is bigger than using MPC decoder which use libmpcdec (i.e. gstreamer musepack plugin with totem).. On http://www.musepack.net/index.php?pg=lin there is xmms musepack plugin (which is different to plugin that is in ports) which use limpcdec...So my question is if it is possible to port this plugin into freebsd ports?

thanks Trigve