HEADS UP: Ports tree is now in a pre-release slush

Joe Marcus Clarke marcus at FreeBSD.org
Tue Oct 31 05:53:52 UTC 2006

On Mon, 2006-10-30 at 21:34 -0800, Jason C. Wells wrote:
> Joe Marcus Clarke wrote:
> >
> > The ports tree has been tagged for 6.2-RELEASE, and the freeze is now
> >
> Ack!  I started supping the RELEASE_6_2_0 ports tree and cvsup started
> deleting everything.  Is there some sort of latency for when the mirrors
> get the updated tag?  Perhaps I just got (un)lucky.

The tag takes time to apply, and if mirrors sync part of the way
through, you could get an incompletely tagged tree.  CVSweb confirms
that RELEASE_6_2_0 is applied throughout the whole tree at this point.

Joe

--
Joe Marcus Clarke
FreeBSD GNOME Team      ::      gnome at FreeBSD.org