port_history - track port commit message comments

Vasil Dimov vd at FreeBSD.org
Mon Oct 30 07:28:07 UTC 2006

On Sat, Oct 28, 2006 at 12:25:01AM +0300, Ion-Mihai IOnut Tetcu wrote:
> On Sat, 28 Oct 2006 01:04:05 +0400
> "Andrew Pantyukhin" <infofarmer at FreeBSD.org> wrote:
[...]
> > [Wow, man, dspam ports is sure a place to learn many
> > things :-) Great job!]
>
> Thanks.
> I'm pretty sure I re-invented the wheel a few times there; but overall
> I consider it to be one of the most user-friendly ports we have.
>
> We could _optionally_ support that kind of UPDATING file in our
> framework; and we also could support the check-options-version.

Automatically displaying some part of files/UPDATING to the user is
great. It would just be little more easier to manage if it would display
up to the next entry (e.g. stop when line ^## is found) rather than a
predefined number of lines. Thus eliminating the need to support the
_UPD_LINE_NO variable.

--
Vasil Dimov
gro.DSBeerF at dv