FreeBSD Port: clamav-0.88.5

Wiebe Pestman w.r.pestman at home.nl
Fri Oct 27 21:56:20 UTC 2006

Dear FreeBSD teams,
First of all I wish to thank you for providing such a magnificent system
for free to the world.
I am really VERY CONTENT with this operational system!

This mail is about a possible bug in the package ClamAV. I tried it out
on a test computer. But when running "clamscan -r /path/to/stuff",
systematically the next message was returned:  segmentation fault (core
dumped)

I have been googling for hours and hours, but did not find any solution
to this problem. Am I doing something wrong or is this a bug? Before
installation (from ports) I did a portsnap upgrade.

After uname -a I get the following:

FreeBSD kolibrie.jasmijn.nl 6.1-RELEASE FreeBSD 6.1-RELEASE #0: Sun May
7 04:32:43 UTC 2006
root at opus.cse.buffalo.edu:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/GENERIC  i386

It is just the generic kernel on my test computer.
Hope to hear from you!
Best regards from Holland,
Wiebe Pestman