[Bsd-sharp-list] Mono and it's future on FreeBSD

Tom McLaughlin tmclaugh at FreeBSD.org
Thu Oct 26 03:07:54 UTC 2006

On Wed, 2006-10-25 at 22:48 -0300, Phillip Neumann wrote:
> El mié, 25-10-2006 a las 14:19 -0400, Tom McLaughlin escribió:
<snip>

> The thing i see more difficult, is how to effectively make the bsd#
> ports tree flow into the FreeBSD one. If there is no commiter interest
> (until now Tom), eventually PR would be stucked. But from the other
> point of view, as mono is now part of GNOME, the GNOME guys could manage
> this :-]

I just want to point out that the _biggest_ issue by far is maintaining
and actually porting the lang/mono port.  That was something I was never
able to do well.

tom
--
| tmclaugh at sdf.lonestar.org             tmclaugh at FreeBSD.org |