Flash 9

Vasil Dimov vd at FreeBSD.org
Wed Oct 25 11:16:33 UTC 2006

On Wed, Oct 25, 2006 at 08:27:20AM +0200, Alex Dupre wrote:
> I got Flash Player 9 for Linux working on FreeBSD *with* sound.
> If you want to try it, you can download this shared library
>
> http://www.alexdupre.com/libflashsupport.so
>
> and place it into /compat/linux/usr/lib.
> I tried only the standalone version and seems much more stable than
> flash7. Hoping to see a pluginwrapper for native firefox soon :-)

Some time ago I downloaded the flash9 plugin for firefox for linux from
the official site (don't ask me which was that :) and swapped the .so
file installed by linux-flashplugin-7.0r68 with the one found in the
archive I downloaded. Than I ran linux-firefox and visited
www.discovery.com. After 5-6 clicks the whole firefox crashed with
signal 10 and I reverted back to version 7 of the plugin. Btw I am
running FreeBSD 6.1/amd64.

--
Vasil Dimov
gro.DSBeerF at dv