CUPS problems

Bill Blue bblue at netoldies.com
Sat Oct 21 11:23:08 UTC 2006

On Sat, 21 Oct 2006 01:16:25 -0700, Ion-Mihai IOnut Tetcu <itetcu at FreeBSD.org> wrote:

> On Fri, 20 Oct 2006 23:23:26 -0400
> Derrick Edwards <derrick at uniquestrength.net> wrote:
>
>> Trying to get CUPS up and running but I get the following error.
>>
>> "libexec/ld-elf.so.1: Shared object "libgpg-error.so.2" not found,
>> required by "cupsd"
>>
>> I have /usr/local/lib/libgpg-error.so.3 but not libgpg-error.so.2. I
>> have up to date ports installed.
>
> Probably you didn't do what 20060926 entry from UPDATING told you to.

Well I did, followed by a complete build of everything else in ports, but it didn't solve the problem.  Cupsd, samba3 (because of cupsd) and KDE's kontact PIM complained about it.

Finally, just to get things running I added a link of libgpg-error.so.3 -> libgpg-error.so.2.  I'm sure it wasn't the best solution but it works.

--Bill