priority of make/ports options (?) -- FreeBSD Port:

B Briggs rcbdyndns at bellsouth.net
Fri Oct 20 14:23:19 UTC 2006

martinko wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I'm using portconf to set ports' knobs.  Also I'm setting some general
> knobs via make.conf.
>
> Now I've run into this situation:
> - i've got WITH_GECKO=seamonkey in /etc/make.conf
> - yelp from new gnome 2.16 does not build with knob above. therefore in
> /usr/local/etc/ports.conf i set:
> x11/yelp: WITH_MAN | WITH_INFO | USE_GECKO=xulrunner
> Unfortunately it does not work as I intended -- when I `portinstall
> gnome2-lite` it tries to build yelp WITH_GECKO=seamonkey. :-/
>
> How can I solve this pls ??
> How can I specify a general knob and then override it for some ports ?
>
> Cheers,
>
> Martin

WITH_GECKO, if set, overrides USE_GECKO, see
/usr/ports/www/mozilla/bsd.gecko.mk

Have you tried WITH_GECKO=xulrunner in ports.conf[x11/yelp]?
And I would move WITH_GECKO=seamonkey from make.conf to ports.conf,
possibly the first line:
*:WITH_GECKO=seamonkey
Assuming that it's a global in make.conf.

Then hopefully the x11/yelp port will override WITH_GECKO.

--
B Briggs