What keeps installing Mozilla?

Mark Ovens marko at freebsd.org
Thu Oct 19 04:49:56 UTC 2006

One of the 426 ports installed on my system keeps installing Mozilla
everytime it gets rebuilt, yet according to pkg_info, nothing depends on
it - output of pkg_info below.

I have Firefox installed and installing/rebuilding Mozilla takes a long
time so would rather this didn't happen.

Why does a port install another port (presumably as a dependency) yet it
show up as a dependency - I can't see how Mozilla would be needed as a
*build* dependency, but that is the only way I can see that it gets
installed without being listed as a dependency by pkg_info, so I guess
that one of my installed ports has a broken Makefile?

Other than looking through the Makefiles for all my installed ports is
there anyway of tracking down the rogue port?

Thanks.

Regards,

Mark

/root{115}# pkg_info -Rr mozilla-1.7.13,2
Information for mozilla-1.7.13,2:

Depends on:
Dependency: pkg-config-0.21
Dependency: xorg-fonts-encodings-6.9.0_1
Dependency: xorg-fonts-truetype-6.9.0
Dependency: jpeg-6b_4
Dependency: freetype2-2.1.10_5
Dependency: libiconv-1.9.2_2