Problem reinstalling freeradius

Neal Garber neal at rochester.rr.com
Tue Oct 17 05:08:13 UTC 2006

Whenever I reinstall freeradius-1.1.2, all of my certificates stored in
/usr/local/etc/raddb/certs are removed.  I believe this occurs because it is
backing them up from the wrong location:

--->  Backing up the old version

tar: etc/raddb/certs/README: Cannot stat: No such file or directory

tar: etc/raddb/certs/cert-clt.der: Cannot stat: No such file or directory

tar: etc/raddb/certs/cert-clt.p12: Cannot stat: No such file or directory

tar: etc/raddb/certs/cert-clt.pem: Cannot stat: No such file or directory

tar: etc/raddb/certs/cert-srv.der: Cannot stat: No such file or directory

tar: etc/raddb/certs/cert-srv.p12: Cannot stat: No such file or directory

tar: etc/raddb/certs/demoCA/index.txt: Cannot stat: No such file or
directory

tar: etc/raddb/certs/demoCA/index.txt.old: Cannot stat: No such file or
directory

tar: etc/raddb/certs/demoCA/serial: Cannot stat: No such file or directory

tar: etc/raddb/certs/demoCA/serial.old: Cannot stat: No such file or
directory

tar: etc/raddb/certs/newcert.pem: Cannot stat: No such file or directory

tar: etc/raddb/certs/newreq.pem: Cannot stat: No such file or directory

tar: etc/raddb/certs/root.der: Cannot stat: No such file or directory

tar: etc/raddb/certs/root.p12: Cannot stat: No such file or directory

tar: etc/raddb/certs/root.pem: Cannot stat: No such file or directory

pkg_create: make_dist: tar command failed with code 256

--->  Uninstalling the old version

--->  Deinstalling 'freeradius-1.1.2_1'

<snip>

It should be doing the backup from /usr/local/etc.  Is it possible that the
pkg-plist file is missing "%D/" in front of the files?

Thanks.