Ports with version numbers going backwards: print/pdflib, print/pdflib-perl

Erwin Lansing erwin at FreeBSD.org
Mon Oct 16 03:02:51 PDT 2006

On Mon, Oct 16, 2006 at 11:48:14AM +0200, Alex Dupre wrote:
> Erwin Lansing ha scritto:
> >$ pkg_version -t 7.0.0p1 7.0.0_1
> >
> >It's not.
>
> I know that 7.0.0p1 is major than 7.0.0_1. What I'm asking is if it
> really matters, since nobody could download the 7.0.0p1, so they sticked
> with plain 7.0.0. If it's an issue for automated scripts I will fix it.

Automated scripts have no knowledge that this might be an exception
because the previous version wasn't installed anywhere. This is an
assumption they have to make, so yes, please fix it.

Thanks,
-erwin

--
Erwin Lansing                                     http://droso.org
Security is like an onion.          (o_ _o)
And it makes you cry.            <____) (____>    erwin at aauug.dk