"pkgdb -F" is failing me...

Chuck Swiger cswiger at mac.com
Thu Oct 12 11:00:28 PDT 2006

On Oct 12, 2006, at 10:50 AM, Sergey Matveychuk wrote:
> Chuck Swiger wrote:
>> Should pkgdb not change the origin until after the port it thinks
>> is the
>> new dependency actually is installed?
>
> Sorry, I don't understand the question.

pkgdb should have known the origin of ldconfig_compat-1.0_8 as misc/
ldconfig_compat, and it should have tried to install that port.

(It didn't.  That's one problem, and on your TODO list. :)

However, if pkgdb tried to install the ldconfig_compat port as a
dependency, and the install failed, pkgdb should not change the
origin of ldconfig_compat to null; it should leave the origin of
ldconfig_compat alone until the installation of that port succeeded.

--
-Chuck