Xorg and marcusmerge like script

Rene Ladan r.c.ladan at gmail.com
Mon Oct 9 06:11:07 PDT 2006

2006/10/9, Baptiste Daroussin <baptiste.daroussin at gmail.com>:
> Hi,
>
> I'd like to test the new xorg ports for Xorg 7.1, is there any scripts available like marcusmercge (for gnome) to test it ? It would easier my life to have one.

I don't know of such a script, but what I did was:

1. Check out the git repository:
# cd /usr
# git clone http://git.xbsd.org/projects/xorg-exp.git xorg-modular-exp

2. Find differences:
do ls > m-i for each directory i in /usr/xorg-modular-exp/
do ls > d-i for each corresponding directory i in /usr/ports/

3. Merge-copy the modular tree into the main ports tree using the
attached script.

4. Uninstall the old xorg

5. Install the new xorg:
# cd /usr/ports/x11/xorg-complete
# make install clean

To update:

1. Update the tree:
# cd /usr/xorg-modular-exp
# git pull

Perform step 2 and 3 as above.

4. Something like portmaster -a

HTH,

Regards.
Rene
--
GPG fingerprint = E738 5471 D185 7013 0EE0  4FC8 3C1D 6F83 12E1 84F6
(subkeys.pgp.net)

"It won't fit on the line."
		-- me, 2001