Unfetchable distfiles reminder

Pav Lucistnik pav at FreeBSD.org
Sat Oct 7 05:09:44 PDT 2006

Josh Paetzel píše v so 07. 10. 2006 v 07:01 -0500:

> Anyways, I've started taking a look at some of these.  So far I've
> discovered that in some cases the mastersites no longer exist and
> there is either no email address for the port's author or the email
> address doesn't work.  If this is the case should the ports be
> recommended for delettion or should the mastersite be changed to
> ftp.freebsd.org?  This also raises the question of how long
> freebsd.org will retain the distfiles it has....indefintely?

Take a damn hard try to locate the new website of the software.
Often the software resurfaces elsewhere, very silently.

If you can't find it anywhere, suggested action is to mark the port
DEPRECATED and delete it after two months, unless someone steps in and
salvage the port by hosting the distfile on his webspace and taking the
responsibility for that port.

--
Pav Lucistnik <pav at oook.cz>
              <pav at FreeBSD.org>

The use of the lavatory is restricted to the train's cat.