Something is really not right with azureus 2.5 / diablo-jdk 1.5

Tim Clewlow tim1timau at yahoo.com
Wed Nov 29 19:51:30 PST 2006

Hello,

I have azureus-2.5.0.0 which requires diablo-jdk-1.5.0.07.01_1 to build (among
other things). It builds and runs fine, however, azureus limps along for about
10 minutes with very low download and upload speeds, then it seems to grind to
a halt, the d/l and u/l basically stop. There are no errors to report because
the application keeps going, but the problem is it stops actually d/l or u/l
anything (sometimes you might get short bursts of extremely slow speeds, but it
is mostly 0 B/s).

I suspect that diablo-jdk that is at fault, but in truth this is just a hunch.

uname -a
FreeBSD earth.com 6.1-RELEASE FreeBSD 6.1-RELEASE #0: Sun May  7 04:32:43 UTC
2006     root at opus.cse.buffalo.edu:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/GENERIC  i386

PS - this is not a complaint, or even an error report, it is more of a heads up
with what I am having happen on my system - also, I installed azureus to a
windoze box that is on the same LAN and it is behaving normally, so it doesnt
look like firewall/nat issue.

Regards, Tim.