gnucash will not install/run.... [SOLVED]

Ed P paq237 at gmail.com
Sat Nov 25 03:48:47 PST 2006

Hi All

On 11/24/06, Peter Jeremy <peterjeremy at optushome.com.au> wrote:
> On Fri, 2006-Nov-24 18:53:28 -0600, Scott T. Hildreth wrote:
> >"you need to set "libltdl_cv_sys_dlopen_deplibs=yes" in the environment
> > before running the ./configure command."
> >
> >...does this apply to gnucash2 as well?
>
> Yes.
>
> >  If I run strace on the process
> >it just keeps spinning through the library search.
>
> That's the problem that the above command fixes.
>
> --
> Peter Jeremy

I've installed Peter's port of GC 2 and aside from having to deal with
the above known libs issue, have had a great deal of success.

The port runs fine and seems quite stable, but I have found an issue
where transactions entered with memorized merchants will not accept
new dollar values.  Instead the value of the previously entered
transaction for that merchant is entered instead.  Once the
transaction is entered, the user can go back to the register and
change it - but this results in essentially entering transactions
twice.

I've posed the same question to gnucash-users with no answers.  I also
installed and ran a GnuCash Linux livecd within a VMware VM and loaded
my data into it.  The problem does not occur there.

Has anyone else had an issue like this?

--
Ed P.
paq237 at gmail.com