[courier-users] Problem imapd.core in my Maildir directory.

Edwin L. Culp W. eculp at conejoblanco.info
Wed Nov 22 06:18:36 PST 2006

Quoting Milan Obuch <courier-users at dino.sk>:

> On Wednesday 15 November 2006 12:26, you wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I was not able to force that GAMIN called sendmsg which
>> was defined in libc.so.
>> Then, I modified COURIER-IMAP, instead of GAMIN.
>> --
>> 				HIROSHI OOTA
>
> Great, I tested this and it works. I used it as basis for upgrade patch. If
> anybody would like to try 0.53.3 with this patch, look for ports/105573 in
> FreeBSD PR database. I would like to get as much feedback as possible.

I downloaded the pr patch and applied it manually and it broke the
complilation with fam but since I'm not sure if this should be fam
based or gamin based with the change.  I would also appreciate your
attaching an empty mail/courier port with your changes, if you could,
just to be sure that my manual application was ok although they were
very simple but sometimes that is worse.

> On a side note, I would like to know which add-ons are people using with
> courier. I have good experience with clamcour (security/clamcour in FreeBSD
> ports) and a bit with pythonfilter (mail/courier-pythonfilter in ports).

I am only using spamassassin and clamcour, that I agree works great.
What else is being used?  I'm also thinking that maybe this should
probably be on the ports at freebsd.org rather than courier-users unless
other os's have the gamin/fam conflicts.

I was just looking at my different courier installations and I see
that there isn't a gamin/fam standard.  On some I'm still running
/usr/local/bin/fam -T 0 and newer ones, I'm not and they all work
although one is complaining about fam in the log file.  I guess that
what I'm suggesting is that a best or recommended method be added to
the courier port.  Life was easier before gamin but . . .

Thanks to all,

ed

P.S.  This may not show up in ports because I'm not suscribed with this
       email address but maybe ;)