autoconf - upgrade to 2.6.*?

Stanislav Sedov stas at FreeBSD.org
Tue Nov 21 13:00:25 PST 2006

On Tue, 21 Nov 2006 18:35:39 +0000 (UTC)
Jakob Breivik Grimstveit <jakob at grimstveit.no> mentioned:

> I see now that we've had autoconf at version 2.59 since 15mar05 [1]. 26 June
> this year v2.60 was released [2], and not long ago v2.6.1 was released as well
> (17 Nov).
>
> I assume it will be a big task to accomplish this, but is there any plans
> regarding to make v2.6.x available via the ports tree?
>
> Many new applications today require the 2.6 series of autoconf, and it would be
> great to be able to use ports versions of this program instead of installing it
> by hand.
>
> If this already has been discussed (which I could not find), I apologize.
>
> Thanks in advance, guys and gals!

AFAIK, the update is already planned, and ade@ will update it soon.
After this update, we'll have only a single version of
autoconf/automake in ports, no more gnu-* versions of these utils.

--
Stanislav Sedov
http://people.freebsd.org/~stas/stas.key.asc