autoconf - upgrade to 2.6.*?

Jakob Breivik Grimstveit jakob at grimstveit.no
Tue Nov 21 10:36:21 PST 2006

I see now that we've had autoconf at version 2.59 since 15mar05 [1]. 26 June
this year v2.60 was released [2], and not long ago v2.6.1 was released as well
(17 Nov).

I assume it will be a big task to accomplish this, but is there any plans
regarding to make v2.6.x available via the ports tree?

Many new applications today require the 2.6 series of autoconf, and it would be
great to be able to use ports versions of this program instead of installing it
by hand.

If this already has been discussed (which I could not find), I apologize.

Thanks in advance, guys and gals!

[1]:
http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/getmsg.cgi?fetch=308651+0+/usr/local/www/db/text/2004/cvs-all/20040321.cvs-all

[2]: http://ftp.gnu.org/gnu/autoconf/