Asset Tracker

Ion-Mihai IOnut Tetcu itetcu at FreeBSD.org
Fri Nov 17 11:55:57 PST 2006

On Fri, 17 Nov 2006 21:15:00 +0200
Ion-Mihai "IOnut" Tetcu <itetcu at FreeBSD.org> wrote:

> On Fri, 17 Nov 2006 10:38:03 -0500
> Paul Pathiakis <paul at pathiakis.com> wrote:
>
> > Good day Ports!
> >
> > I have a high interest, along with several others, to see Asset
> > Tracker be made into a port.  I have contacted the software author,
> > Todd Chapman, (todd at chaka.net) and he has given me permission to
> > pass on his name and the software address.
> >
> > Asset Tracker is an overlay to RT (Request Tracker) and tracks
> > assets (ok, duh... :-) ) I'm slowly converting the infrastructure
> > machines, in a company that provides Solaris and RH as platforms to
> > customers, into FreeBSD.  Their accounting department and IT
> > department are having problems tracking locations, addresses and
> > specification of the platforms (PCs, workstations, servers,
> > switches, etc) and keeping them in a centralized, platform
> > independent repository.
> >
> > I believe Asset Tracker may be the extensible tool we need.  Please
> > assist. If someone from ports could contact the author (CC address)
> > about getting this into ports it would be most appreciated.
>
> I _might_ be interested in this. Could you please drop me a link to
> the project ?

Thanks Todd and Matthew for the URL.

OK, it looks like something we could use, so I'm interested in it.
However, I never used RT and I'm low on free time, so if someone else
wants to step in please drop me an email. Matthew ?

Paul, if you don't here for me about this till the middle of next week,
please ping me.

We do not colonize.  We conquer.  We rule.  There is no other way
for us.
		-- Rojan, "By Any Other Name", stardate 4657.5