ftp/proftpd - Need some advice

Jeremy Chadwick koitsu at FreeBSD.org
Wed Nov 15 11:35:16 PST 2006

On Wed, Nov 15, 2006 at 10:12:49AM -0900, Beech Rintoul wrote:
> Yesterday, I approved a patch rolled by "Alex Samorukov" <samm at os2.kiev.ua>
> which fixes a buffer overflow vulnerability (ports/105510). I tested the
> patch in 5.4, 6-STABLE and -CURRENT and didn't see any problems.
>
> This morning I had a couple of emails from people telling me that after
> upgrade they can't connect and the port is exiting with signal 11.
>
> How should I proceed with this? as I said I can't duplicate the problem.

This just in...

| Making life hard for others since 1977.               PGP: 4BD6C0CB |

=== SNIP ===

shaun       2006-11-15 19:22:23 UTC

  FreeBSD ports repository

  Modified files:
    ftp/proftpd          Makefile
    ftp/proftpd/files    patch-main.c
                         patch-sample-configurations_basic.conf
  Log:
  - Fix the last imported patch (which came from proftpd's CVS repo),
    as it was causing segfaults prior to login.
  - Add the new CommandBufferSize variable into the default config file to
    stop proftpd complaining.

  Reported by:    many

  Revision  Changes    Path
  1.92      +1 -1      ports/ftp/proftpd/Makefile
  1.2       +4 -4      ports/ftp/proftpd/files/patch-main.c
  1.2       +12 -3     ports/ftp/proftpd/files/patch-sample-configurations_basic.conf
~