Still Confused...Building Port w/ Options

Shaun Amott shaun at FreeBSD.org
Tue Nov 14 15:44:59 PST 2006

On Tue, Nov 14, 2006 at 12:47:37PM -0800, Rachel Florentine wrote:

> I tried to issue a command to build openldap with env and options and it didn't work.

[snip]

> MAKE_ARGS = {
>         'openldap23-server' => 'CONFIGURE_ARGS+= \
>     --localstatedir=/var/run/slapd \
>     --enable-spasswd \
>     --enable-modules \
>     --enable-shared \
>     --enable-dynamic \
>     --with-tls \
>     --with-cyrus-sasl \
>     --enable-bdb \
>     --disable-slapd \
>     --enable-openssl \
>     --enable-monitor \
>     --enable-proxycache \
>     --enable-unique \
>     --enable-ppolicy \
>     --enable-accesslog \
>     --disable-cleartext',
>   }

Modifiying CONFIGURE_ARGS isn't supported by the ports framework. It may
"work" (to some extent) with some ports, but openldap23-server isn't one
of them. Take a look at the port's Makefile, as many of those variables
have special knobs which you can set instead. If you find one that isn't
handled, poke the maintainer and/or submit a PR requesting that it be
added.

--
Shaun Amott // PGP: 0x6B387A9A
"A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin