emulators/qemu-launcher: unable to launch

Lowell Gilbert freebsd-ports-local at be-well.ilk.org
Mon Nov 13 12:43:25 PST 2006

martinko <gamato at users.sf.net> writes:

> Lowell Gilbert wrote:
>> martinko <gamato at users.sf.net> writes:
>>

>>> Hello list,
>>>
>>> I've just compiled and installed emulators/qemu-launcher and this is
>>> what I've got when trying to run it:
>>>
>>> $ qemu-launcher
>>> /libexec/ld-elf.so.1: /usr/local/lib/libgthread-2.0.so.0: Undefined
>>> symbol "pthread_getschedparam"
>>>
>>> What's wrong please?  What am I to do now?
>>>

>> When you installed the port, it printed out the pkg-message file for
>> the port, which has the answer for this problem and a number of
>> others.  Specifically:
>>     - qemu now uses aio at least for ide dma, so if you get `Bad system call'
>>     crashes that is because aio is not (kld)loaded.
>>

> Lowell,
>
> You're obviously right.  The message must have scrolled off the screen
> or something.  Usually I notice and read pkg-messages.  Sorry.
>
> But yours was an answer to a different question of mine.  This thread is
> regarding qemu-launcher and has nothing to do with aio.ko.  (I just
> checked if there isn't anything in its pkg-message:))
>
> Do you happen to know a solution to this issue too please ?

My apologies; I seem to have cut and pasted into the wrong windows.

This is a problem with how glib links into the pthreads libraries.
pthread_getschedparam is definitely supposed to be invoked from there,
and on -STABLE, at least, that symbol is in libpthread.  Is that the
case on your system?  When you build glib, is libpthread found?