portupgrade, apache2/apache22, php4/php5

Harlan Stenn Harlan.Stenn at pfcs.com
Mon Nov 13 09:39:19 PST 2006

[Please keep me in the Cc: line]

I have a couple of machines I have been upgrading over time using cvsup
and portupgrade.

On one machine that was running apache2 and php4, Something happend and
portupgrade on that machine now wants to install both php4 and php5, and
I'm seeing a package conflict between php5-5.2.0 and php4-4.4_1.  How
can I resolve this?

On another machine, I expressly installed apache22 on it, and have
tried to convince portupgrade that I want to use apache22 instead of
apache2 (now apache20).  I have tried various combinations of
APACHE_PORT=www/apache22, WITH_APACHE2=YES, and USE_APACHE=2.2+ and I
have not yet found the winning combination.

I note that chapter 5 of the porting handbook says that WITH_APACHE2 is
the knob I should use, and capter 6 of the same book says WITH_APACHE2
is deprecated.

What should I be doing, and if this is documented somewhere, where can I
find that documentation?

[Please keep me in the Cc: line]

Harlan