FreeBSD Port: icu-3.6

Aron Stansvik elvstone at gmail.com
Tue Nov 7 09:01:19 PST 2006

> On Thursday 02 November 2006 09:12, Brooks Davis wrote:
> = > So far, this was only reported on 5.x -- I never saw this error on
> = > 6.2, and the packages build on the cluster... Can I have access to
> = > your system to try to reproduce it?
> =
> = I'm seeing the same problem, but a different malloc error message on
> = CURRENT as of a few weeks ago (I was trying to upgrade before reporting,
> = but I've been having buildworld problem).
>
> Can I see your output of
>
> 	make -C /usr/ports/devel/icu -V CFLAGS -V CXXFLAGS -V CONFIGURE_ENV
>
> I suspect, you are omitting the `-fno-strict-aliasing' flag... Thanks!

I can confirm that this was the issue. I'm using RELENG_6 and I had
the same problem. -fno-strict-aliasing was in CXXFLAGS but not in
CFLAGS, I added it to CFLAGS in make.conf and devel/icu compiled fine.

PS. I'm not subscribed to freebsd-ports@, so if my mail don't reach
the list, could you post my findings to the list for others to see
Mikhail? I'm subscribed to far too many lists already :) DS.