firefox / java problem

regisr regisr at pobox.com
Mon Nov 6 15:09:17 PST 2006

Hello,

I can't locate the answer to my problem (but it should be resolved!).
After upgrading firefox to the new version the java plugin doesn't
work. I found the error message in a lot of web page but not how to
solve it!
The jdk 1.4 was working until I upgrade. I checked about:plugins.
I have installed JDK 1.5 : same problem.
(I am recompiling the 1.4 but it is not finished)

My OS:  FreeBSD 6.2-PRERELEASE

I plan to delete and reinstall the include and lib directories to
suppress old files which can be keeped by upgrade/uninstall but it is a
long way... and I am not sure that this solve this trouble.

Output:

INTERNAL ERROR on Browser End: Exec of
"/usr/local/jdk1.5.0/jre/bin/java_vm" failed: Invalid argument <
System error?:: Invalid argument

** (Gecko:66698): WARNING **: Serious fd usage error 18

** (Gecko:66698): WARNING **: Serious fd usage error 16
INTERNAL ERROR on Browser End: Could not read ack from child process
System error?:: Resource temporarily unavailable

--
regis