make search (Was Re: Perl5.8.7 ports)

Craig Boston craig at yekse.gank.org
Fri Nov 3 05:20:35 UTC 2006

On Thu, Nov 02, 2006 at 10:16:39AM -0800, Doug Barton wrote:
> cd /usr/ports/ && make search name=p5-Chart

Okay, sorry for hijacking the thread, but this has been bugging me for a
while.  make search doesn't work for me.  At all.  On any of my
machines.

# cd /usr/ports
# make search name=p5-Chart
#

That's what happens.  No output, as if it didn't find anything.  Yes, I
have an up to date INDEX-6.  Doesn't matter if I use name= or key= or
what I search for.

It hasn't worked for me for at least 6 months, probably longer.  One of
the machines was recently built, from a 6.1 install CD and cvsupped to
stable.  I always assumed it was a local issue since surely somebody
would have noticed by now if it was broken altogether, but I can't
figure out why not a single install I have works.

Am I just going crazy? ;)

Craig