? about DEPENDS_ARGS

Paul Schmehl pauls at utdallas.edu
Thu Nov 2 23:18:39 UTC 2006

I'm working on a new port.  One of the dependencies is net/wireshark.  I
noticed that net/wireshark can be build without x11 support.  If you build
it normally, it uses WANT_GNOME=YES, USE_GNOME=gnometarget.  This leads to
a config option of building with gtk12 or gtk2 (the default).

One of the config options is --without_x11.

So, for those who don't use gnome, should the port be built without x11?
And if so, can I do anything about that in my port?

I was thinking of something like this:

OPTIONS=	WIRESHARK "Build wireshark without x11 support" off

.if defined(WITH_WIRESHARK)
RUN_DEPENDS+=	wireshark:${PORTSDIR}/net/wireshark
DEPENDS_ARGS=	--without_x11
.else
RUN_DEPENDS+=	wireshark:${PORTSDIR}/net/wireshark
.endif

Paul Schmehl (pauls at utdallas.edu)
Senior Information Security Analyst
The University of Texas at Dallas