PR ports/76915 fell through the cracks?

Mark Linimon linimon at lonesome.com
Wed May 31 03:29:19 PDT 2006

> Is there any interest in that? I can submit a patch against 1.533, but
> given the lack of any reaction to the initial patch, I'm not sure whether
> it's worth it.

There are a large number of patches against bsd.port.mk and we (portmgr)
subject such patches to regression tests against a full run through all
the i386 ports before committing (generally, in batches of a couple of
dozen or so).  This is because the ports tree isn't branched and any
problematic commits to bsd.port.mk affect a large number of people very
quickly.

We've actually done several runs so far this year but that doesn't mean
that we are catching up (having two release cycles didn't help.)  So please
be patient as we try to work to catch up.

mcl