Number of maintainers vs. number of ports

Mark Linimon linimon at lonesome.com
Mon May 29 17:28:24 PDT 2006

On Sun, May 28, 2006 at 08:35:11AM +0100, Matthew Seaman wrote:
> Otherwise, the convention is that the port name -- eg databases/phpmyadmin
> should always be quoted in the PR subject line.  Then you can go and look it
> up using portsmon:
>
> http://portsmon.freebsd.org/portoverview.py?category=databases&portname=phpmyadmin

portsmon does a great deal of work to not rely solely on the PR subject
lines, which are missing the category/portname somewhere around 30% of the
time.  (It would be nice if people would put this in, so that GNATS can
also be used to search, but they don't.)

Like Edwin's auto-assigner, it gets somewhere around 95%+ correct assignments.
When I'm not travelling, I try to catch the other few percent once a day.

mcl