FreeBSD Port: courier-imap-4.1.0,1 - GBDM Dependancy

Keith Page keith at icona.ca
Wed May 24 16:13:37 PDT 2006

Dear Oliver,

I'm working on Freebsd 5.4 Release system here and was having a hell of
a time getting courier-imap to install via ports. I eventually
found/traced [ after 4 hours, ;) ] the problem to the version of
/usr/ports/databases/gdm/  I had (*gdbm-1.8.3
<http://cvsweb.FreeBSD.org/ports/databases/gdbm>*) once I upgrade to the
latest gdbm-1.83_2 the gmake worked. I thought you might want to add a
dependency for your port.

I'm sorry I didn't copy and paste the error so you could verify but I do
remember that I could recreate it by going to.

cd port/courier-imap/work/courier-imap-4.1.0/gdbmobj
gmake -am

Thank you very much

Keith Page
IT Coordinator

icona » design and development <http://www.icona.ca>

Formerly known as Active Image Studios & The Code Shoppe

Main | 403.255.9767
Fax   | 403.257.6091
Web  | icona.ca <http://www.icona.ca>

Studio #111, 535 8th Ave SE
Calgary, Alberta  T2G 5S9
Mon -- Fri from 9:00 - 18:00

*Important Notice -- Avis Important*
This email and the contents contained herein are confidential
information intended only for the use of the individual or entity named
above, use by third parties is strictly prohibited. If you have received
this email in error please immediately delete it and notify sender.

Le courrier electronique peut etre porteur de virus informatiques. Le
destinataire doit donc passer le present courriel et les pieces qui y
sont jointes au detecteur de virus. L' expediteur et son employeur
declinent toute responsabilite pour les dommages causes par un virus
contenu dans le courriel. Le present message et les pieces qui y sont
jointes contiennent des renseignements confidentiels destines uniquement
a la personne ou a l' organisme nomme ci-dessus. Toute diffusion,
distribution, reproduction ou utilisation comme reference du contenu du
message par une autre personne que le destinataire est formellement
interdite. Si vous avez recu ce courriel par erreur, veuillez le
detruire immediatement et en informer l' expediteur a l' adresse ci-dessus.