acroread7 as plugin for Firefox

Tue May 23 00:22:20 PDT 2006

Quoting Rick Voland <rpvoland at spamcop.net> (from Mon, 22 May 2006
21:16:35 -0500):

> Is the acroread7 plugin for Firefox currently functional?  I can run
> acroread as a stand-alone program, but not as a plugin.  If I check
> "about:plugins" acroread is recognized as a plugin.

That's more than what you get on FreeBSD-current (there it is a
problem with symbol versioning & the linuxpluginwrapper).

> I'm asking here because the Linux Base is under significant development,
> so I'm wondering whether this problem is known and being postponed until
> the Linux Base is more stable.

The plugin runs as native code. So as long as acroread started by hand
is able to display a PDF, it should not be caused by the linux base.
And I'm not aware of problems with the new linux base.

> The symptom is that I get "running helper", but little disk activity
> (program not loaded).  I created a symbolic link:
> ln -s /usr/X11R6/bin/acroread /usr/local/bin/acroread7
> and then I get much longer disk activity, enough that I see the acroread
> program icon change, indicating it has loaded, but I still don't see the
> associated PDF content in my browser or anywhere else.
>
> FreeBSD 6.1-RELEASE #0 with SMP kernel
> acroread7-7.0.1,1
> acroreadwrapper-0.0.20060221
> linuxpluginwrapper-20051113_2 (with its /etc/libmap.conf file)

Would you please update linuxpluginwrapper and check the example
libmap.conf for changes.

Bye,
Alexander.

--
Selling GoodYear Eagle F1 235/40ZR18, 2x 4mm + 2x 5mm, ~150 EUR
you have to pick it up between Germany/Saarland and Luxembourg/Capellen