Help with configure.in

Jeremy Chadwick freebsd at jdc.parodius.com
Mon May 22 17:35:40 PDT 2006

On Mon, May 22, 2006 at 04:30:36PM -0800, Beech Rintoul wrote:
> I'm not sure how to add that into the makefile. Autoconf needs to be called
> after configure.in is patched. With the stock configure.in autoconf doesn't
> get called as above it just goes straight into the build. The porter's
> Handbook wasn't a lot of help.

Have you tried looking through /usr/ports/Mk/* ?  Something like
`grep -ri autoconf /usr/ports/Mk` should point you to some comments
and general stuff.  Also try looking at other ports that use some
of those variables (`grep -r {variable} /usr/ports`).

We have some framework for autoconf handling in there already.  I've
never used it (I usually rely on pre-built configure scripts, rather
than build them during build-time), but it looks pretty robust.

Others here should be able to help; sorry I can't be of much more...

| Making life hard for others since 1977.               PGP: 4BD6C0CB |