OpenGL and Intel Graphics [WAS: Cake and Eat it Too: RTCW Port]

Jeff Cross jeff.cross at averageadmins.com
Mon May 22 21:35:38 UTC 2006

Eric Anholt wrote:
> On Fri, 2006-05-19 at 16:26 -0500, Jeff Cross wrote:
>> Michael Nottebrock wrote:
>>> Oops. Turns out the complete i915 module was only added *after* FreeBSD
>>> 6.0 release. You'll have to upgrade to 6-STABLE/6.1-RELEASE (to be
>>> released very soon now) to get it.

>>> Yes, direct rendering won't work without the drm kernel module.
>>>

>>> Cheers,
>> I have recently upgraded to RELENG_6_1 and am still not able to play
>> RTCW on my laptop. I do have the i915 module loaded now as well as drm.
>>  Below is the output from kldstat:
>
> RELENG_6_1 is a security branch, so my update to the DRM in RELENG_6
> won't ever be merged there.  Use RELENG_6 instead.

Is there anyway I can apply the DRM updates w/o upgrading my system to
6-STABLE?  I would really like to maintain my system with freebsd-update
and not have to compile every time a security update comes out.  I run
FreeBSD on my laptop and compile times can run a little long.

Suggestions?  Suck it up and compile?! :)

Jeff