portupgrade to openldap-server-2.3.23 seems to cause Undefined symbol "pthread_getconcurrency"

李鑫 delphij at gmail.com
Sat May 20 01:32:58 UTC 2006

Hi,

On 5/19/06, eculp at bafirst.com <eculp at bafirst.com> wrote:
> I just did a portupgrade to openldap-server-2.3.23 but when starting
> slapd with debuging it would stop with the following error
> /libexec/ld-elf.so.1: /usr/local/lib/libldap_r-2.3.so.2: Undefined
> symbol "pthread_getconcurrency"
>
> I reverted to openldap-server-2.3.21 and all is well again.

This looks like to be caused by a change that makes threading disabled
if SHELL backend is enabled (as suggested by OpenLDAP developers), as
noted in ports/UPDATING.  Would you please try to see if it is enabled
and consider reverting the configuration?

Thanks for your feedback :-)

Cheers,
--
Xin LI <delphij at delphij.net> http://www.delphij.net