FreeBSD Port: php5-5.1.4

Jeremy Chadwick freebsd at jdc.parodius.com
Thu May 18 09:25:07 UTC 2006

On Thu, May 18, 2006 at 11:05:08AM +0200, Helmut Schneider wrote:
> In spite of that may I ask what exactly the problem is? For me (personally
> and looking at the PR) it seems that just 3 lines in the distinfo are wrong
> taking 30 seconds to fix.

I haven't looked at the PR.  However, I'll point something out: the
PR submitted (if just a distinfo fix) could be wrong in approach.
The reason I say this:

The PHP authors repackaged the tarball.  It's bigger, and contains
additional files which can get installed for PEAR (not that PEAR is
enabled in the default php5 FreeBSD port, but god only knows what
all they (PHP authors) changed in the Makefile or whatever else).
I don't know what a "phar" file is, either, but whatever...

You might be wondering what the actual change was.  The PHP authors
said only 2 lines:

>> The tarballs were updated to include the PEAR's phar file, previously
>> missing from the release.

I don't know if the PR submitter bothered to do a 'make install'
then 'make deinstall' of his patched version.  I don't know if the
PR submitter checked PEAR/PECL compatibility either.

What I'm saying is that the PR submitted could be completely broken,
because god only knows what the PHP authors did to the tarball...

| Making life hard for others since 1977.               PGP: 4BD6C0CB |