FreeBSD Port: php5-5.1.4

Helmut Schneider jumper99 at gmx.de
Thu May 18 08:02:43 UTC 2006

From: "Mike Jakubik" <mikej at rogers.com>
> Helmut Schneider wrote:
>>
>> according to http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/pds.cgi?ports/lang/php5 I think
>> the distinfo is not correct.
>>
>> MD5 (php-5.1.4.tar.bz2) = 66a806161d4a2d3b5153ebe4cd0f2e1c
>> SHA256 (php-5.1.4.tar.bz2) =
>> b55253e9557eceb901d83217ec192da22c28c7b2fdf714d3f151f1db663b5a32
>> SIZE (php-5.1.4.tar.bz2) = 6356171
>
> Holy crap. People, please check the mailing lists and pr database before
> posting problems. This has already been discussed 10x, and a patch is on
> its way.

First of all I would like to thank you for your quick answer. I still do not
know which mailinglist exactly you refer to and I apologize that I do not
know what the hell a "pr database" is at all. Looking at
http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/cvsweb.cgi/ports/lang/php5/ (which I thought is
the *official* place-to-go) the port was *released* 10 days ago and I did
not bargain for that a broken port may resist there for that time without a
single comment that it is broken.

Forgive my ignorance but maybe it is worth commenting such problems directly
at a central location (see link above) instead of expecting people to search
a hole bunch of mailling lists. Maybe some noobs like me could be helpful
for the community at that point

Nevertheless I appreciate the work all of you are doing.

Regards, Helmut