openoffice 2.0.2 install failure

Bartosz Fabianowski freebsd at chillt.de
Mon May 15 23:47:03 UTC 2006

>> It looks like original intention was to put icon files into
>> FreeDesktop Hicolor theme directory and I think that that directory
>> is located under ${X11BASE}.

Those icons are meant for the KDE integration, so while they certainly
could go into the FreeDesktop Hicolor directory, it is fine to put them
into a directory where only KDE will find them, such as
${PREFIX}/share/icons/hicolor. However, when doing this, OO.o should
depend on the misc/kdehier port, which provides this directory.

> BTW, I think that all ports that do something like this should run
> gtk-update-icon-cache

Since the icons are meant for KDE only, it is probably best to put them
into a KDE-only directory thus avoiding any problems with the GTK icon
cache.

- Bartosz