freeradius starts before mysql

Scot Hetzel swhetzel at gmail.com
Mon May 15 18:24:33 UTC 2006

On 5/15/06, Mike Jakubik <mikej at rogers.com> wrote:
> Thanks for the info. I will try the second method. But im finding this
> rcNG stuff a little weird. If application A provides X, and application
> B requires X, shouldn't A always start before B? If not, them my
> understanding of "require" and "provide" is flawed i guess...

You didn't say which version of FreeBSD your using.  If your using
FreeBSD <= 6.0, then the PROVIDES and REQUIRE lines have no effect in
your /usr/local/etc/rc.d.

If your using -CURRENT, or 6.1+ then the PROVIDES and REQUIRE lines
should affect the order in which the applications from
/usr/local/etc/rc.d.

Scot
--
DISCLAIMER:
No electrons were mamed while sending this message. Only slightly bruised.