new installs of linux-firefox linux-firefox-devel report that firefox is running.

eculp at bafirst.com eculp at bafirst.com
Sat May 13 16:11:19 UTC 2006

Quoting Boris Samorodov <bsam at ipt.ru>:

> On Sat, 13 May 2006 08:18:58 -0500 eculp at bafirst.com wrote:
>
>> With new installs of linux-firefox linux-firefox-devel on two
>> different machines  both report that firefox is running.  I am
>
> You say that you only install then (btw by packages or ports?), don't
> launch them, but ps/top show them running?
Hi Boris, thanks for your answer.

I first deinstalled them with pkg_delete and manually (rm -rf) removed
the directries completely I then installed them from ports.  Everytime
I get the message I check to see if there is any type of firefox
running with ps -ax and now with top also.  I've seen this for several
days now and have no idea why.

>> actually running only opera and don't even have a ~/.mozilla or
>> similar in my home directory.  I'm seeing this on both my home and
>> office machines and have for a few days.  I can start the freebsd
>> versions of firefox without problems.
>
>> I've erased all /tmp /var/tmp and any netscape/mozilla entries in ~,
>> I've shutdown and restarted the machines.  Does anyone have any idea
>> why this might be happening?
>
> After reboot ps/top show them running?

No, top shows nothing.  I just gave it yet another try after rebooting.
  I am running only opera until I sort this out.  ps -ax|egrep fox
shows nothing.  I can start bsd firefox and firefox-devel with no
problems.

Thanks again,

ed