Portmaster loop!

James O'Gorman james at netinertia.co.uk
Sat May 13 09:24:27 UTC 2006

Ricardo A. Reis wrote:
> During upgrade graphics/cairo, portmaster enter in loop.

I also saw this when trying to use portmaster to install kde3 - it got
stuck on devel/qmake. Even when I downloaded the distfile manually it
still got stuck :-(

I later ended up using portinstall (part of portupgrade) to install
kde3, and that failed because all the distfiles that portmanager had
downloaded were incorrect, so I had to blow away /usr/ports/distfiles
for it to work...

James